TYPES OF AUCTIONS FOR DISHES
The rods for the plates are those supports generally with tripods where on the top the plates of the battery can be mounted.
Of course, as with all the parts of the battery, there are different models, of different brands, which differ in terms of construction, weight, stability, type, etc … all this affects the price.
Generally spending more means having a more stable rod with more chances to make adjustments, therefore more flexible and suitable for different situations. However, having a clear idea of what this auction will need to do for us could save us money, without giving up good quality.
In 90% of cases, the rods for the plates have a tripod base support, which guarantees stability. The rubber pads at the base of the feet are indispensable to prevent the rod from moving and causing problems when you hit the plate in addition to the vibrations you have when playing.
The central part of the rod gives us the possibility to adjust its height. Depending on the models we will have two or three separate parts to move independently to look for the height we need.
The top part of the auction is the one where the differences between the various models are the largest. The rods for the dishes can, in fact, be straight or giraffe.
STRAIGHT OR GIRAFFE?
The straight rod has the support to mount the plate directly to the end of the telescopic part, while the giraffe one has an adjustable joint in which there is another arm, which allows us to move away or approach the plate without necessarily having to move to the base.
The giraffe rod is very useful when we want the dish to be closer or more laterally displaced, but we cannot move the tripod base.
The joint of the giraffe rod can be made in various ways, usually, it is toothed support to ensure maximum stability and durability, but there are also very comfortable ball supports that guarantee maximum freedom of adjustment, also combined with good durability (if you do not overdo it with force).
At the end of the auction, there is the support where the plate will be mounted. It generally consists of the plastic collar inserted in the threaded screw, two separate felts and a butterfly to close.
HOW TO MOUNT A PLATE
Mounting the dish is very simple and you will soon find the video tutorial but briefly summarize below the steps to take:
- The tripod support is opened and fixed without tightening too much (there is no need for it and you risk only ruining the thread).
- It inserts the rod telescopic part, if it is not already inserted, and is positioned at a height average per hour.
- If you have a giraffe rod, you unlock the joint by unscrewing it, put it in an oblique position and adjust the plate support in a vertical position, taking care to pull the screws.
- Unscrew the butterfly nut and remove the first of the two felts.
- Insert the plate and put the felt back on.
- The butterfly is screwed in by adjusting the stroke as you like (it is advisable not to over-tighten to avoid damaging the plate).
- At this point, he nears the rod to the battery and you do the adjustments of height and inclination, depending on the type of dish and the way of playing.